UX/UI Designer (18-month contract)
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing awesome web-based user interfaces for our products, expertly blending usability with cool graphic design. They will partner closely with our product management team to help turn their product visions into a fantastic user experience. They will also work closely with the development team to help build the designs into our applications.
This role is based in Belfast. Some travel to London may be required from time to time.
- Proven experience of user experience, user interface and graphic design for modern web-based business applications
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency with graphic design tools such as Photoshop or Illustrator
- Graphical user interface prototyping tools (such as Axure or Proto.io)
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to balance the “best” design with what’s achievable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience working in an Agile development process
Some of the following experience would also be useful:
- Qualification in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Java or C# coding skills
- Familiarity with dashboard and graphical visualisation design using modern BI/reporting/data analytics technologies such as PowerBI, Tableau or Looker