Supply Chain Manager £30-35K Belfast
First off - Are you an animal lover?
For this role being an animal lover is important because this company was borne out of a love for animals and a desire to offer products that increase animal well-being and health.
This is a local business centred around animal health and well being supplying 100% natural chemical free supplements for horses and dogs that genuinely make a difference to their lives.
You’ll get to join a small business helping it grow exponentially and learn in an entrepreneurial environment.
As Supply Chain Manager you’ll be responsible for helping this company deliver their ambitious plans for growth across two continents.
The company operates an outsourced manufacturing and fulfilment model and you will be responsible for the effective management of manufacturing partners, procurement, storage and outsourced fulfilment.
You will have a continual focus on improving productivity and efficiency, reducing costs and maximising the quality of product and service delivered to customers.
You will be involved in
• Managing manufacturing and fulfilment partners
• Sourcing and negotiating terms and prices with all suppliers, monitoring and assessing their performance and maintaining cost-effective practices
• Ad-hoc purchasing of materials for manufacturing and fulfilment partners
• Managing inventory and identifying and minimising risk by predicting the demand for products ensuring a balance is maintained between consistent product availability without overstocking.
• Ensuring customers and partners receive their products on schedule
• Identifying and adopting new technology where appropriate
• Analysing supply chain data, solving issues and developing and implementing updated supply chain strategies to best serve their customers
A key part of the role is making sure that things like delivery performance, order defect rates etc. are within and kept well above the standards expected within ecommerce platforms such as Amazon.
You’ll be responsible for monitoring and managing financial costs such as cost of goods sold, logistics and carriage and out-sourced production to increase profitability.
Knowledge and experience
You’ll have experience in supply chain management, ideally in an ecommerce environment, and in serving international markets as well as a strong background in purchasing, stock management and inventory control.
Driven, ambitious and highly analytical you’ll have a proven track record in working with 3rd party suppliers and have worked to and met targets.
Ideally, you will also have experience of implementing an ERP/MRP system to ensure continuity of supply and fulfilment, and to provide business improvement insights.
You’ll get work in a collaborative way where there are no silly questions or limiting beliefs and you won’t be tied by corporate bureaucracy. There is huge ambition and passion for accelerated growth and with this comes the opportunity not just to play a leading role, but to share in the success of the business.
This is a friendly company with real synergy in approach which cares passionately about animals, their staff, and their customers.
You can apply by clicking on the link and attaching your CV or call 07903037234 for more information.