I am Hiring a Senior IT Systems Support Administrator for one of Northern Irelands leading digital Agencies. The role will be varied, providing support for the organisation's various client websites and internal support.
This is a great opportunity to work in a employee led environment where your input will be valued and your ideas listened too.
You should have a mix of the following Experience
Engineering and Provisioning
• Engineering of system administrator-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Contribute to annual hardware and hosting reviews and budgets.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Experience of cloud based Admin (MS Azure)
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage Flint Studios’ resources and provide economies of scale.
• Contribute to and support the development team with website deployment and go-live processes.
Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify and fix any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required platforms and systems are maintained and successfully backed up to the appropriate media on local and cloud storage.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders.
• Ensure the renewal of domain names and ongoing configurations of DNS
• Ensure ongoing maintenance of TLS automation across platforms.
• Provide support to the development team in the configuration of web servers, database servers.
• Maintain client based and Flint Studios ongoing documentation.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports Flint Studios’ and client applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Maintain server monitoring systems.
• Maintain Flint Studios’ LAN, wireless access points, desktop computers, and peripherals
For further information on this vacancy please apply via the link below or contact Mark McBride in the strictest confidence.