Senior SQL DBA
You will be working for a large, complex, global company with 12 sites across the UK & Europe which has spent millions in terms of capital spend over the last 3 years to ensure its IS provision is "best of breed".
Beyond BAU, there is a broad range of project work within this environment, which will be challenging and provide a real progression in terms of development of your skills set.
Working within enterprise-wide, large SQL estate you will have responsibility for:
- Monitor and tune database performance.
- Establish and manage objective database performance criteria.
- Establish and manage standards for SQL queries within the system.
- Review SQL, server & application error logs and troubleshoot issues.
- Establish change control procedures and manage the process.
- Establish database security procedures and enforce their application.
- To continue to develop and deploy contingency and DR measures.
- To advise on database design requirements.
- To manage and liaise with external technical service providers.
- To participate as a project team member in ongoing development works.
- Work with other business systems support groups to optimize performance.
- Work effectively within cross-functional teams, commanding credibility at all levels within the business.
- Contribute to IT management team & overall Support Strategy