Senior Back-End Developer – Belfast (£35k - £50k)
Andrew Trimble... If you don’t recognise the name, Google him.
Andrew was at the top of his game in the Rugby world and he’s now moved his focus to building an innovative Sports technology company.
What makes it a good opportunity? (I don’t normally do bullet points but…)
- You’ll work with an influential leadership team. (Their VP of Engineering developed a code patch for Android and as a 20-year track record of working with start-ups in the tech sector).
- The product is already out there being used by the likes of Ulster Rugby & Manchester City.
- You’ll be working with “Go”, the latest in object orientated programming.
- You’ll be trusted and given the autonomy to do things your way.
- You’ll share in the company’s success with stock options.
What’s their why?
Communication is key to all successful teams, but Andrew realised it could be improved with the clever use of technology.
Players and clubs contend with a cluttered landscape of ever-changing player and team schedules, meeting times, gym requirements, equipment, and medical appointments. This causes a distraction in a player which affects their optimal performance come match day.
They have created a sports performance platform that enables athletes to engineer and take ownership of their bespoke medical, athletic and skills requirements. These are delivered simultaneously alongside real-time insights which allows the athlete to maintain peak performance on match day.
So, what about you?
The good news is that you could be from any of these tech backgrounds: Java, C++, Ruby, Python, C#, Perl, & PHP. You will need over 5 years’ experience in one these disciplines as it’s a senior position.
Ideally, you’ll be the kind of person who contributes to the open source community, you’ll have an active GitHub account and understand the fundamentals of software development.
You will get to work with cutting edge technology including Cloud Platforms: REST API’s & Swagger, Continuous Integration tools: GKE CI/CD, Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis & Gitlab, Containerisation such as Docker & Kubernetes.
If the above has piqued your interest, let’s have a chat: 077 8988 6539.
I’m also on WhatsApp & Twitter @GStirlingCorvus
(or click “apply” below)
Don’t worry if you don’t have an up-to-date CV, we can deal with that detail later.