Corvus is recruiting on behalf of our quickly growing client based Co.Down, a PR powerhouse and specialists in Corporate and consumer PR, Content Creation, Event Management, Public Affairs, sales promotion, celebrity endorsement and Internal Comms.
If you are looking for a senior strategic, managerial PR position within a thriving business with a culture of promotion from within, this could be the next step for you.
Main function of the role:
- You’ll use your understanding and experience in Consumer PR to plan and implement creative and impactful PR campaigns.
- You’ll use your corporate B2B PR experience to help plan and implement impactful business to business media PR campaigns.
- Develop the lead PR strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them with the client’s key business objectives.
- Combine creativity with knowledge of the media and your media contacts to recognise media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum.
- Effectively manage people in the organisation to hit and exceed targets.
- Write ‘journalist quality’ press releases, creative copy and online content.
- Assist in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- To be involved in the management of annual budgets with Clients and the Agency.
- To ensure achievement of PR revenue targets.
- To make a positive contribution to the future success of the business.
The Person, is this you?
You’re a Team Leader – You’re a great team leader. You thrive leading a busy team and environment, whether managing and supporting junior members, or assisting and reporting to the Board of Directors.
You contribute positively to the team’s well-being and its success.
You Lead Accounts: You take full ownership of the accounts you work on …developing, delivering, foreseeing and exceeding all their needs at all times. You lead, direct and support your team in the delivery of same. When you run an account, it soars.
You’re SMART: You are commercially astute. You can help drive business growth, manage budgets, meet targets and support your clients’ business and organisational objectives.
You’re Client Driven: You know your clients’ business, their environment, their objectives and their needs, inside and out.
You communicate effectively with them, in person and on paper. You are a highly experienced consultant. You provide solutions. Your clients listen to you. You talk their language.
You Have Great Ideas: You know the power of ideas. You know that they can solve a problem, make a story work.. sing.. land: make and audience notice and care. You are creative and bring new ideas to the table.
You’re a Networker: You have a large network of professional contacts and you influence them. You’re proud and passionate to represent your employer at networking events, as a senior ambassador for the agency.
You See It Through: You get results for your clients and you don’t hang about. You take ownership of your work and accountability. You start a project and you see it through, successfully, in a timely fashion.
You Can Write Compelling Copy: When you put pen to paper, you say something, and you say it well. Whether it’s a press release, opinion piece, reactive statement to a client crisis or new business proposal, you can write for all media platforms, old and new, and for all audiences, consumer & B2B. Your copy is clever, creative and on message.
- Graduate calibre combining industry related/professional qualifications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior management role within a communications or media environment.
- Strong entrepreneurial flair.
- A motivational and inspiring team leader.
- Ability to drive and develop new business.
- Compelling and creative presentation skills, oral and written.
- Excellent media and professional contacts.
- Demonstrable excellent writing skills.
- Strong social media and online experience .
- Strong creative insight, flair and application.
- Excellent business acumen and time management skills.
- Degree in business, communications, marketing, journalism or credible alternative.
- Evidence of commitment to personal development.
- Membership of professional body.
- Previous experience as an Account Director within a PR agency.
- Experience in B2B & Consumer PR, Public Affairs.
- CIPR Pride Awards recognition.
- Package negotiable and reflective of experience.
- Our client is shortlisting for this role currently, so to be included in the mix for an initial coffee chat please notify of your interest at your earliest convenience.
For more information on this or any other Sales or Marketing opportunity please contact Sarah Stewart at Corvus on sarah (at) corvus.jobs