A real local success story, with collaborative R&D at its heart, which has consistently developed technical products within Utilities.
This company started to implement Agile in 2010, so very forward-thinking, more recently have implemented BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) in order to improve the quality of their development cycles. Has AI and machine learning teams, who work very closely with the product teams to constantly better the quality of their products.
Culturally they are very open to new ideas, mainly because they have such a strong R&D culture, they want everyone to have a voice and can influence as that collaborative environment has given them the creative edge.
You will be working within a small, multi-disciplinary team, developing new switching enhancements within one of the main company products, so excellent opportunity to work with an experienced team which will really speed up your knowledge within this product suite.
Successful candidates must have experience creating software for embedded devices – so experience of developing software when there are finite resources from a memory and memory standpoint. Must have strong C++, C or C++11 development with OO Design experience, ideally with Linux experience. There will be some opportunity to use other scripting languages (bash/python) and because BDD is utilised, Junit or similar QA tools.
- A degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering or similar
- At least 2+ years’ experience in designing Linux-based systems.
- Experience in development of Linux services/daemons.
- Knowledge of D-Bus and other IPC systems.
- Advanced knowledge of C++ including C++11, and Object-Oriented Design
- Practical knowledge of commonly used design patterns and libraries (STL, Boost, etc..).
- Knowledge of SVN/Git.