Director of Global Sales & Operational Planning
Why make an application to this role?
This is a high-profile role with WaterWipes, an established Irish brand that are becoming a global success. In this position, you will have the opportunity to make a genuine impact and contribute to future growth plans.
You will make a real difference, the change programmes that you successfully implement will deliver quantifiable results to the business and the senior management team.
Your work environment will be constantly changing and evolving, and your ability to bring structure, process, and governance will result in the ability for timely SMT decision-making based on the accurate data that your embedded processes will provide.
You will work for a quality focussed, ethical company, which based on the quality of their products has grown globally, with the ability to mature into that very rare beast, a highly successful, environmentally friendly commercial giant.
WaterWipes entered a market dominated by multinational goliaths, they have successfully carved a niche and have grown into a business that employs over 250 people, selling their products in over 56 countries. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of the next stage of their journey.
WaterWipes is an exciting entrepreneurial company, enjoying rapid growth. At the heart of the business is a story of an Irish dad, Edward McCloskey, shocked by the vast array of chemicals in baby wipes. Determined to find a solution for the sensitive skin of his daughter, he went about developing a wipe pure enough to replace cotton wool and water, his solution, WaterWipes. The company has enjoyed explosive growth since its launch just 11 years ago and is now available in more than 56 countries. As the business enters a new and exciting phase of our growth, we recognise the need for improved processes and governance across our regions and markets hence the decision to introduce S&OP to the business.
The Director of Global S&OP is responsible for creating and implementing an effective S&OP process that enables the translation of the WaterWipes 3 Year Strategy into a periodic operation plan and ensures that maximum value is generated throughout the operating model.
Reporting to the Chief Demand Officer, the major functions of this role include strategic and tactical decision-making related to balancing demand and supply; aligning volume and mix capacity and capability, and integrating global financial and operating plans with strategic objectives to deliver improved operating and financial results. In addition to oversight of the Demand Planning team, the role should be the champion of the S&OP process. This includes the education and training necessary for change management with the entire company. This person will engage all levels of the organization and guide each functional area in the understanding of how they impact the S&OP process.
- Develop the WaterWipes strategic roadmap to achieve S&OP process maturity, enabling process design and adoption through technology, supporting feeder meetings, and Team development.
- Own and manage the monthly S&OP planning process and generate key reporting
- Prepare leadership presentations including demand analysis and supply scenarios to facilitate discussions and drive leadership decisions
- Develop a dashboard to provide transparency and a single source of data across functional areas to ensure alignment and optimal results
- Hold appropriate personnel, including supply, and demand teams to account for compliance to the S&OP process and agreed actions for mitigation of risk or realisation of opportunities as identified via S&OP. Escalate to Senior leadership as appropriate.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a robust project demand forecasting model as well as review and calibrate on project demand (order and forecast) together with the sales/PM team for the business on a regular basis.
- Leverage industry best practices and continuous improvement to continually enhance the S&OP process
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, or relevant technical discipline
- Minimum 5-8 years experience running Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes in a multi-geography CPG or FMCG environment
- Comprehensive understanding of ERP system process and key system functions related to demand planning, master scheduling, and inventory management
- Managerial presence, interpersonal and leadership skills, with a minimum of 3 years people or group leadership experience
- Ability to work across multiple cross-functional & cross- geographic teams
- Effective negotiation skills developed within a multi-stakeholder environment
- Skilled at people, process, and project management design, implementation, and deployment
Please note that this role will be based at Waterwipes head office in Drogheda, but some flexibility with regard to home working will be offered.