Business Development Manager - Ireland
Our client, known for their happy workforce, a culture of promotion from within and career development, have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager (ROI) to join the team. This position has arisen as a result of company growth and promotion, as such, you will receive considerable support and comprehensive introduction to sales in the Irish Marketplace
Founded over 18 years ago, this business functions provide business supplies services and are the only company in Ireland to be certified to a global industry standard.
The business ensures the best possible return for their clients when it comes to their inventory and can work with them in a variety of different ways, ensuring efficiency and high performance from their products.
What will you be doing?
You will be concerned with improving and growing the business, by developing relationships with new customers and partners.
Day to day you will be engaging with division heads of large organisations, MDs, Procurement, and IT managers to identify potential usage of the businesses services with a view to engaging new clients and ensuring long-standing business relationships.
You will be responsible for selling a fully managed service solution to public & private sector organisations in Ireland, qualifying and generating new leads and working with the commercial team to help implement and refine the company’s marketing strategies. You will be highly motivated, with the ability to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources.
My client is an indigenous managed service provider, supplying to organisations across the UK and Ireland.
You’ll be joining a fast-growing business that delivers IT Hardware Managed Services to a wide range of organisations across NI, ROI and the UK via both direct and channel partner relationships
My clients business is an expertly run, lean organisation with an engaged, friendly and collaborative 65 strong team working across all functions, the business has grown significantly in recent years, and their turnover now exceeds £6million. The business is keen to build on their success and continue to have ambitious growth plans, with a target to double their size within the next 3 years.
Due to continued growth in key markets, the business is now well positioned for customer acquisition and account development in ROI.
Key Tasks and Duties
- Selling fully managed IT hardware services and solutions throughout Ireland
- Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Continuously prospecting and generating leads
- Developing a well-qualified opportunity pipeline with a focus on the Irish marketplace, maintaining accurate forecasting details on the in house CRM system, delivering accurate sales forecasts and winning new business.
- Delivering agreed Sales revenue and gross profit targets
- Action sales lead enquires and tenders proactively
- Develop accounts and relationships through understanding the business needs and developing solutions
- Think strategically - see the bigger picture and set aims and objectives to develop and improve the business
- Meet with clients and prospects face to face or over the phone, understand requirements and develop bespoke solutions
- Keep abreast of IT trends
- The successful candidate should have experience in an IT solutions or security environment with a solid track record in sales.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent commercial acumen
- A 3rd level qualification in a business-related subject with 2 years’ work experience in a similar role OR 4 years work experience in a sales focused role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain executive-level decision maker relationships.
- Focused & results driven with tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
- Enthusiastic and enjoys working hard to achieve their goals
- Be able to think strategically
- Organised, confident & well presented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and good decision-making skills
- Good IT Skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Happy to travel within Ireland
- Must have a full driving licence and the use of a car
You will be joining a successful business where there are solid examples of employee development and career progression. The role offers a competitive base salary, excellent commission structure and peripheral benefits.
For more information on this sales opportunity please contact Sarah Stewart on firstname.lastname@example.org