Business Development Manager (SaaS)
Corvus Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of our client, a software company specialising in web-based applications for board members and senior teams in public and private sector organisations across the UK and Ireland. Our client's software helps these leaders to make better decisions by managing their Meetings, Risks and Goals.
Due to continued success, growth and an expansion of our product range, our client now has a requirement for an experienced, highly professional Business Development Manager to own and manage a defined territory /sectors within GB.
Given the increased interest in our 3 key areas of governance, risk and performance across the private and public sectors in the last number of years, they have seen a significant uplift in general market interest in their offering.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to contribute significantly to the financial performance of the company, helping to surpass quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Successful target attainment against agreed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Responsibility for the full end-to-end sales cycle.
- Generation of a healthy pipeline of opportunities in line with company strategy in the short, medium and long term.
- Accurate management of pipeline/forecast in line with reporting requirements.
- Creation and execution of sectorial/territorial sales plan.
- Work closely with the Head of Sales and Marketing Manager to define successful sales campaigns within allocated territory and sectors.
- Work closely with the Development Team to feedback both client, product and market intelligence that will help inform product development decisions.
- Proactively identify, engage and manage potential partners who can be used to generate sales opportunities for the business.
- Clear and demonstrable experience of a successful career in software sales including a history of target attainment
- Experience of selling into both the public and private sectors
- Experience in profiling individual sectors, identifying main organisations, key stakeholder/influencer groups and how to best engage with each.
- Understanding of public sector procurement process and ability to write responses to ITTs/ RFQs etc
- Strong network at a senior level in both the public and private sectors in England.
- Given our target market being Boards and senior leadership teams, a potential candidate must have a solid understanding of how business works, the broader operating environment in which our main products are sold and the gravitas and maturity to sell and negotiate at Board level.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK.
- Ability to work remotely / away from a physical office support network as this will be a home based role.
- Some experience or understanding in the areas of corporate governance, risk or business performance would be desirable.
- Some experience of selling SaaS solutions would also be desirable.
- Will predominately display ‘Hunter’ mentality and behaviours as the majority of targets will be based on generating new business.
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and engaging.
- Be competitive and target driven with a view to finding better ways to engage with and educate potential customers.
- Be able to communicate well both externally and internally, in formal presentations, team meetings and one-to-one.
- Be flexible - in a small team, there will be times where you need to support other areas and carry out appropriate duties outside your job specification.
- In keeping with the company’s core values, deal with customers and colleagues with integrity, manners and patience.
For more information and full specification on this role, or to discuss your career aspirations within sales and marketing please contact Sarah Stewart at Corvus on 02890 918525 or send a confidential email or CV to email@example.com.