Are you working within tech services and eager to advance your career?
Could you benefit from individual coaching and development from Clevel Sales professionals?
How does learning how to sell and being involved in some of the largest tech deals in the UK meet with your career objectives?
All positive up to now? This could be the best ‘next step’ you ever make.
Our client is an indigenous software business based with offices across UK and Ireland who have grown from strength to strength and a reputation of excellence. Genuinely focused on its customer base, the business pledges to prove that IT can make a real difference to our customers' businesses.
The team is known for working hard to ensure they understand what their customers need from their technology solutions and then they deliver.
An award-winning company, who provide world class customer service; they think big and they hire great people.
This business is more than just another IT services company - they are leaders in implementing and supporting internationally recognised technologies.
Committed to returning all employees investment in them, if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, they want to meet you.
Due to their expansion plans, our client is looking to hire a Business Development Executive to work in their UK Public Sector Sales team to support and develop their strong footing in the UK Government market. This is a really exciting role for someone who wants to develop their career learning how to sell and deliver technology solutions into the UK Public Sector.
The role will be part of a successful, growing team focused on UK Central Government opportunities. The team is made up of a number of sales people, who generate new opportunities and/or lead on responses to large government tenders. The team also works closely with the Customer Success team who manage opportunities into the existing customer base.
The successful candidate will be have a number of elements to their role:
- support large sales opportunities developed both directly through the businesses Commercial team or through their strategic technology partnerships
- potentially lead on smaller sales opportunities/bids independently or with oversight from a sales person in the team.
- support the execution of contracts awarded to the business – client engagement, commercials, contracting, delivery practice engagement, project mobilisation.
- The role may either initially or expand to include account management of specific government customer accounts and partner engagements with leading vendors, depending on the level of experience and/or career aspirations of the successful candidate.
- The appointed candidate will manage, support and deliver on the production of bids and tender responses. The role holder will need to work across account managers, project managers, sales executives and delivery consultants to ensure the best quality bids are prepared and submitted and managed; this will include preparation of documentation, tender responses, case studies and undertaking demonstrations during the selection process for large consulting project or managed services bids.
- Liaise with other members of the UK Public Sector Sales team to both lead and support both small and large sales opportunities, including leading on and supporting bids, preparation and management of all bid and sales materials.
- Provide major input to the pre-qualification process to ensure all customer sales opportunities and bids are fully qualified and identified as winnable
- Liaise with Delivery teams to identify and secure resources for sales opportunties and bid preparation.
- Respond to detailed Customer Requirements documents
- The bid manager for a tender is the lead Sales person, however on occasion you may be required to act as bid manager
- Preparation and delivery of Prospect and Client presentations, company propositions to customers
- Preparation and delivery of presentations for use at various company customer events.
- Liaise with Partner Account Managers and Sales Support teams to ensure successful delivery of presentations and tender responses to Prospects and Clients
- Support all levels of the Bid process lifecycle, including:
Bid Planning and Production
Produce and maintain bid brief and ensure win strategy is reflected in answers
Identify resource requirements
Act as a single point of contact for bid team
Maintain Bid Site/Documentation on SharePoint
Drive commercial review approvals process
Edit contributions to bid
Collate and maintain risk registers and manage risk process in accordance with company standards and delivery governance
Monitor and report bid and production costs
Produce post bid review and handover documentation
Maintenance of a level of client relationship appropriate to the sale, supporting the main sales relationship
Contribution to bid strategies to maximise chance of winning
You will have:
5+ years experience working in a business development environment, ideally into UK Public Sector (Central Government an added advantage)
Ideally, experience in working in IT Services and technology solutions environment (rather than product)
Knowledge of the Public Sector tender processes, including Government Frameworks applicable to Central Government
Influencing skills: the ability to get people at multiple levels to deliver what you need on time and with high quality, even though they wont report to you will be critical to the success of the role.
Strong written skills in order to complete tender and internal documentation to a high standard – you must have excellent Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills. You’ll be highly attentive to detail.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage at all levels across an organisation internally and externally
Experience of building good customer relationships.
Good commercial awareness and sound understanding of project and business dynamics.
Ability to work to tight deadlines. You’ll be capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management, while recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise.
… and if you are able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, our client would love to speak with you.
If you’re keen to chat but hadn’t committed to a move please call me, Sarah, on 07812 052821 to discuss details of fit for you. If you’d like to get the ball rolling more quickly, in what’s bound to be a competitive process, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each applicant will receive a tailored response.