Accountancy... A humour Free zone?
9th Oct 2017
The poor “boring accountant” has been much maligned over the years as a dull, suit wearing bean counter who wouldn’t know a joke if it slapped them in the spreadsheet! Now, I’ve been recruiting accountants for over 16 years and have spent enough time at social events with partying accountants to know the lighter side of accountants (naming no names)!
The thing that’s made me laugh most over the years was the, I believe unintentional joke, of getting a financial controller’s CV as an Excel file but here’s a collection of other accountancy related humour knocking about the web to help alleviate April / year end stress!
I can only apologise in advance…
Accountancy Jokes & Memes
1. “Doctor doctor I can’t get to sleep!” “How about trying to count sheep?” suggests the doctor. “Tried that but I made a mistake and spent 5 hours trying to find it!”
3. What do you call a trial balance that doesn’t balance? A late night.
5. What do accounts suffer from that ordinary people don’t? Depreciation
7. Why was the accountant in rehab? Solvency abuse
9. What do actuaries do to liven up their office party? Invite an accountant.
Oh, and just a picture of Ryan Gosling dressed up as accountancy humour!....
If you are an accountant seeking a new role or just starting out, check out our Accountancy & Finance Jobs, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org